Saturday, July 5, 2014

Getting to Camp

This year has been one of the most challenging years in simply getting to the Christian English Language Camp in Poland. Prior to camp, we faced difficulties in getting a team together, our team is simply Josh and I from the United States this year. We also faced many family difficulties including deaths of friends, my dad suffering a stroke, my mom being rediagnosed with cancer, and Steve's dad having a pretty extensive survey. The amazing thing this year is that in spite of everything, Josh said to me, "I've never felt God pushing us to Poland this much before." I'm not sure why He did as it doesn't seem that we are doing anything extraordinary. We are simply teaching English lessons, leading crafts, hanging out, and worshipping. These are all things we have done before. Yet I know He wants us here as every time a doubt popped in my mind about whether or not we should be going this year, a donation of craft items would arrive on my doorstop and would be exactly what we needed but didn't ask for, or a check to support us would be in the mail, or a word of encouragement would be given. My mom and Dad were two of the most encouraging about going on this trip. So each time I had a doubt, I had a reassurance. Then we were finally off to the airport and our plane was having mechanical difficulties. We were given time after time for departure, and finally called Steve to pick us up and take us home. He took us back to the airport the next day, we left 24 hours late, but we made it to Poland! In the process we met two wonderful ladies that we shared time, meals and conversation with at the airport. Both Julia and Patricia were also headed to Europe for mission trips! We were blessed by them, and we are being blessed right now as I hear the children's voices as I write this! Keep us in your prayers! Pam and Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment